Please sign and pass this petition on to everyone you know! Don’t think that because it is not in your town that it is not important! If these new ordinances are not overturned in Long Beach, California, then it’s just a matter of time before they pass these laws throughout the US! Stand up for the vaping community, and stand up for your right to live a healthier lifestyle!
This new law not only restricts where you use your vape but it also applies a 30% tax rate on ALL vaping related purchases to be paid by YOU the consumer!
Keep the Vape in Vape Shops-Long Beach
Petition by James Demetra
To be delivered to Long Beach City Council
Sampling is a major part of the vaping industry. Doctors from around the globe agree that e-cigarettes are safer than traditional cigarettes. The city council and Council Member Suja Lowenthal think that conviction enough is a reason for current smokers to try the alternative. Smokers who have tried the patch, the inhalers, the gum, medication, all to no avail. It’s made us skeptical. Vape shops allow people interested in seeking an alternative to learn more, try it out and answer any questions along the way. Every other city around Long Beach has added amendments allowing Vape shops to sample and keep their lounges. The council members admitted they didn’t know enough on the topic and that more time should be taken to do it right, however they got tired of deliberating and passed the ordinance as it stood. The ordinance also lacks any sort of grandfathering in of Vape shops. If forced to be regulated similar to tobacco shops, we may lose some of our favorite shops due to zoning restrictions. Sign this petition. Help local small businesses. Keep Long Beach on a level playing field and show City Council we won’t stand for lazy policy making. Who knows, together we might even save some lives.
CURRENT PETITION SIGNERS
325. Anthony from cypress, CA signed this petition on Mar 18, 2014.
324. Mike Morgan from Trabuco Cyn, CA signed this petition on Mar 18, 2014.
323. Matthew Wimberley from Yucaipa, CA signed this petition on Mar 18, 2014.
322. Justin Horning from Dana Point, CA signed this petition on Mar 17, 2014.
Stop killing what you don’t understand. It’s called Progress…
321. Ben Pellett from rantoul, IL signed this petition on Mar 17, 2014.
No vaping in V A P E shops?? Absolutely absurd. Vaping hasn’t hurt anyone, and won’t. Whoever started this scare should be ashamed of themselves. FOR SHAME!!!
320. robert lester from menifee, CA signed this petition on Mar 17, 2014.
lame lame lame
319. Ferenc Czigler from Hungary signed this petition on Mar 17, 2014.
318. John Madden from Garden Grove, CA signed this petition on Mar 17, 2014.
317. Josh Reyes from Honolulu, HI signed this petition on Mar 17, 2014.
316. Alan Tagama from Ewa Beach, HI signed this petition on Mar 17, 2014.
Note: MoveOn Civic Action does not necessarily endorse the contents of petitions posted on this site. MoveOn Petitions is an open tool that anyone can use to post a petition advocating any point of view, so long as the petition does not violate our terms of service.
A joint website of MoveOn.org Civic Action and MoveOn.org Political Action.
MoveOn.org Civic Action is a 501(c)(4) organization which primarily focuses on nonpartisan education and advocacy on important national issues. MoveOn.org Political Action is a federal political committee which primarily helps members elect candidates who reflect our values through a variety of activities aimed at influencing the outcome of the next election. MoveOn.org Political Action and MoveOn.org Civic Action are separate organizations.